33,000 square feet addition opens to public; Grand Opening set for November 1FARMINGTON, N.Y. – Nearly ten months of construction has come to a close on the $12 million expansion of Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack. Late yesterday evening the curtain was raised on the final sections of the 33,000 square foot expansion, marking completion of the most significant project since the addition of gaming in 2004 and officially beginning a new era of entertainment at the facility.
Highlights of the project, which has nearly doubled the size of the gaming space, include:
- 350 additional machines, bringing the venue’s total to just under 1,550. The new space also allowed for machines to be moved from the pre-existing space into the new area in order to create much wider aisles and greatly improve accessibility.
- A 102-seat Wolfgang Puck Express, the first location of the brand in New York State outside of New York City, which features internationally known legendary chef Wolfgang Puck’s most popular dishes and other classics in a fast-casual setting. The menu includes Puck’s signature, hand-crafted gourmet pizzas, sandwiches, soups, and fresh salads, including his famous Chinois Chicken™ salad.
- Remedy, a 140-seat bar and lounge unlike any other in the region includes an 18-foot high-definition projection screen, 22 additional televisions, Buzztime trivia, and a 324-square foot stage and dance floor, Remedy will offer a myriad of entertainment. Featured beverages include craft cocktails and top-shelf liquors, 23 beers on tap, both domestic and imported, as well as bottled varieties, and an assortment of wines including sparkling varieties.
- A new and larger players club location and coat check, as well as back-of-the-house office space round out the additions.
- Nearly 80 additional jobs were created with the expansion, bringing the total between gaming and racing operations to just under 575.
While the entire expanded facility is now open to the public, a Grand Opening celebration is scheduled for the weekend of November 1-3, with a ceremonial ribbon cutting scheduled for 11:45am on Friday, November 1.
About Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack: In operation since 1962, the facility added gaming to its offering in 2004 and expanded again in 2013 by adding 33,000 square feet with a $12 million expansion. Nearly two million visitors annually now visit the facility highlighted by over 1,500 gaming machines, the 448-seat Vineyard Buffet, Wolfgang Puck Express, Remedy Bar & Lounge, as well as live and simulcast thoroughbred racing. Gaming doors open at 8 a.m. and racing doors open at 11:30 a.m. daily. For more information, visit www.fingerlakesgaming.com.
About Wolfgang Puck: The name Wolfgang Puck is synonymous with the best of restaurant hospitality and the ultimate in all aspects of the culinary arts. The famous chef has built an empire that encompasses three separate Wolfgang Puck entities: Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group, Wolfgang Puck Catering, and Wolfgang Puck Worldwide, Inc. For more information, visit www.wolfgangpuck.com.